Think outside of the box, the raspberry box that is. What a different yet very pleasing relish. You simply must try this unusual relish for your next picnic or family barbecue. You will be the hit of the party, and the relatives will be envious of your new culinary skill. You are now making homemade relish for everything from grilled chicken burgers, turkey burgers, bison or water buffalo burgers to gourmet hotdogs and sausages. Try it alongside pork chops, or savory chicken breasts sizzling fresh from the barbecue.
RASPBERRY ONION RELISH
A refreshing change from barbecue sauces and ketchups, this condiment is very pretty as well.
- 2 cups fresh whole raspberries
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, tops included
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar, or what ever vinegar you have on hand
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint, minced
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp coarsely ground pepper